[thelist] web resources for everyone

Sean Preston razorwise at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 17:59:00 CDT 2001

I'm a professional web developer and most of the good stuff I learned, I learned online.  I'd
suggest reading everything ;) on webmonkey.com that draws your interest.  Need to know more?  Do a
google search! :)

Books ARE nice and I have a few recommended reads---->Web Style Guide (also available online),
HTML Web Magic, HTML 4 Bible (boring read, but still dog-eared, so I must use it sometimes),
Essential CSS & DHTML (shows a great compatibility reference in the back and it's more useful for
that than a lot of the tutorials.  Designing Web Usability by Nielsen, despite the fact that
_some_ people disagree with his ideologies, it's good stuff.

For the color blind, I'd even suggest a great little book I picked up called COLOR HARMONY
NATURALS (they also have one called COLOR HARMONY JEWELS, haven't grabbed that yet)by Martha Gill
that shows color combos and is especially nice when you're meeting with a client who has NO CLUE
as to a color scheme.  Instant JavaScript by Wrox isn't bad either, nor is PERL and CGI for the
World Wide Web by Elizabeth Castro who, btw, even answered my frantic plea a few years ago when I
was a bit befuddled!

Getting ready to go offline.  Everyone have a good evening...

Sincerely,

Sean