[thelist] Opening .unk mail attachment - Anyone know how?

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Thu Apr 19 20:55:51 CDT 2001

On 19 Apr 2001, at 11:50, Pat Meeks posted a message which said:

> Does anyone know how or what to use to open a ".unk" file? I found this in
> the knowledge base:

If I'm not mistaken, UNK is short for "unknown".

Take a look at the file in a text editor or hex editor. It'll be obvious if it
is text or not. If it is binary, the first few bytes will usually tell you what
the file actually is - GIF for a graphics interchange file, MZ for a DOS
or Windows executable, etc.

deke