[thelist] Apache burns memory up !

Eric Cestari eric at ohmforce.com
Fri Apr 20 05:34:57 CDT 2001

Hi list,

We have an Apache server w/ PHP4, and the httpd processes sometimes reach up
to 20Mb  of memory _each_. This seems huge to me. We have quite a complex
installation of PHP (many modules compiled), but is it the only cause ?
Apache has no special modules installed except from PHP.
I don't have any clues, and am considering adding some RAM. I don't like
much that solution ... doesn't solve anything.

If anybody can help me or point me to good resources, I'd be grateful,
really grateful.

<tip>
Form validation can be tedious in PHP, why not check this article at
Zend.com, giving some useful hints, on making it more efficient ?
<http://www.zend.com/zend/spotlight/form-pro-php4.php>
</tip>

Regards,
    Eric Cestari