[thelist] reporting spammers

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Fri Apr 20 14:09:52 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 11:54 AM 4/20/01 -0700, Mehmet Efe bequeathed such tales
as these:
>Hi,
>
>Are there tools to identify and stop them in the first place?
>
>Say, you create a filter that will catch the spammer upon connection for
>delivery and simply reject the email (without bouncing) and drops the action
>into a log file.
>
>(Sendmail, Redhat 6.1)
>
>Thanks.
>
><mehmet />

I have a tool I use to create those bounced emails and it's been effective
most of the time.
http://www.er.uqam.ca/merlin/fg591543/bsm/
Peter Kaulback

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison (1847-1931)