[thelist] ColdFusion & MSAccess - How do I check if a table exists?

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 13:10:18 CDT 2001

Hello everyone,

I'm using ColdFusion and Microsoft Access. Somewhere
in my app I create a table using <cfquery>. Now I want
to add a <cfif> to skip this <cfquery> if the table
exists. How is this done? I tried the 'show' statment
(like in MySQL) but it didn't work. I'm guessing I
need to get all tables in the database in an array
(using some sql statement), and then check to see if
one exists with the same name as the one I am
creating.

Your help's greatly appreciated.

Jon.