[thelist] forms for NT

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 21 17:48:54 CDT 2001

Anthony is suggesting you write to an Access file... you can also
write the information to a flat file (delimited text file)... or you can
ignore it and just send it as email only, but then you have no
record...

but the real question is about sending it via email, and you have
ASPMail installed, so it's easy as pie... what you need is access
to an SMTP server - whatever server they use to send their email,
or more accurately, whatever mail server the web server can to...

but first things first, gather all the info and write it into a string... so,
you might get all the fields and put 'em together like so:

<%
strMailBody = request("FirstName") & " "
strMailBody = strMailBody & request("LastName") & vbcrlf
strMailBody = strMailBody & "...thanks"
%>

which comes out as:
FirstName LastName
...thanks

during development, write that string to screen (like <pre><% =
strMailBody %></pre>) so you can test it...

now, just go through the documentation for ASPMail and plug in
the string, and you should be set...

> From: Peter Kaulback <pkaulbak at idirect.ca>
[...]