[thelist] compression on the fly

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Sat Apr 21 20:43:39 CDT 2001

I haven't tried a COM version if ZIP with CF.  I believe that the ColdFusion
engine serializes COM requests in general, forcing the requests to execute
one at a time.  In a high traffic area, this is not what you want to happen.
COM objects (I believe) are not used all too much in CF applications for
this reason.

You may try,

http://www.emteksys.com/products/cfx_zip/

This is a CFX zip tag that may do what you are looking for.

-joshua