[thelist] Justification for Proper Scoping?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Sun Apr 22 17:27:22 CDT 2001

>  "It's good form" only works if you're the boss, and
>  everyone knows it's short for "It's good form, I want it
>  done that way, and if you won't do it, you need to find
>  another job"

Actually, I am in this position, but I believe in the rule of three.
In design, programing, etc... in order to make any choice, you should
have three solid reasons to explain why you did what you did. If you
can't articulate it clearly,chances are strong that the element is
unnecessary and can either be simplified, or that the specs that I've
designed should be adhered to.

I'm curious, for those who are team leaders of one type or another,
would you be willing to share examples of the design, coding,
implementation specs you offer your teams? How you phrase things,
what you expect, etc... (At the same time I don't want to step on
feet, and want to respect what could potentially be private. In my
case, I have no problems with sharing this kind of information.)
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com