[thelist] ColdFuser

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Apr 23 13:21:42 CDT 2001

> Will some patient CF'er give me some insight on
> setting up a test environment for evaluating the CF server?

would anybody else like to see the answers?

it would be on topic for thelist (i.e. no tips required)

note -- this post, the one you're reading right now, *is* a off topic (it's
a metatopic, actually), so i owe a tip

<tip>
instead of subscribing to the digest, opt for the individual emails
use [thelist] in the subject line to filter them into their own folder
resist the temptation to read them along with other incoming mail
at intervals, open the folder, sort on subject line
delete entire threads you don't need
leave the rest in the folder, read at leisure
archive the folder
what's the benefit?
custom search -- *your* topics with the other stuff removed
</tip>

> I don't want to noise people out with my ignorance.  :)

heh, good one sean

but you do bring up a good point, one which has come up before

courtesy suggests asking for offlist responses, because some topics
(e.g. this one, a cold fusion server installation tutorial) would be of
interest to a (vanishingly?) small number of thelist subscribers

apologies to dylan, but there are many here among us (designers,
information architects, and other frontenders) who feel that...

... backend threads sure take up a lotta room

still, if even a few others want to see the answer, shouldn't it be on
thelist?

rudy