[thelist] Users on Apache

Charlie Llewellin charliel at infohwy.com
Tue Apr 24 17:04:00 CDT 2001

Well, it takes a little getting used to, and of course an understanding of
grep patterns, but once you start to understand it quickly becomes vital -
at least, it has for me.

To start, I just plowed through the docs at www.apache.org (search for
rewrite) and started using it. I'm just scratching the surface, though. You
don't really need to understand all the mapping stuff to begin with, for
your user redirect you just need to do

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/what/they/type/users/(.*) /real/path/~$1