[thelist] Managing Fonts

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Tue Apr 24 18:59:55 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I have over 900 fonts installed in my Win98
machine, and my computer is gagging. I need to get control here :) I'm a bit
confused on what I would accomplish by spending a week organizing all my
fonts---

 From what I understand, if I don't have a font "loaded" when I have Photoshop
open, I need to close Photoshop, load it the font, and then restart Photoshop to
use it.

Is this correct? If not, I must be doing something wrong. I've tried opening a
.ttf file (this is loading into memory right?), and I looked for it in
Photoshop, but it didn't show up--can someone throw me a bone here, I'm
desperate ;)

Gina
(Hopeless Fontaholic-starting the 12 steps asap)