[thelist] [fwd] Popup window without focus???

James Aylard aylard at 2xtreme.net
Tue Apr 24 20:51:05 CDT 2001

Jennifer,

> I need to bring a window to the front of all other windows but do not =
> want it to take keyboard focus. Is this possible using javascript or =
> jscript?

	For Internet Explorer 5+, it is possible using IE's showModelessDialog()
method [1]. For Netscape 4.x, there is the setZOptions method of the window
object that can take the value "alwaysRaised" that does what you want [2],
although there are security restrictions on this. I'm not sure whether
Netscape 6 supports this, either.

James Aylard

<wrap-warning>
1.