[thelist] sql: order by and umlauts/entities

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Apr 25 07:37:53 CDT 2001

A little late coming into this - sorry!

I've looked into a similar problem on SQL Server 7. On that database, it
appears to be that one can control which language one is ordering by, but
only during installation of the database! It appeared to be impossible to
alter the value after installation (though there's probably some crafty way
that I haven't come across).

Being in Sweden, we came up against this problem as well and the reinstall
seemed to do the trick - not the most handy of solution though and probably
not at all appicable if you're using MySQL or something.

.steve

Steve Cook
web strategist
Evitbe AB tidigare Biljettpoolen