[thelist] Access, Jet, ODBC and DSNLess connections

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Apr 25 11:16:29 CDT 2001

yep =)

> 2. the ODBC connection is the cause of the server becoming a sloth

depends on the details of the connection string, you got it so we can look
at?

> 3. switching to a FileDSN is helping with the slow server,
> but the site can
> no longer be browsed by two persons. Could it be that the
> FileDSN cannot be
> shared ? How do I fix that?

Should use a system DSN --you're right, a FileDSN can cause problems

> 4. I am now trying to go with a DSNLess connection, but it
> seems the keyword
> "AS" is not recognised by the JET engine as a valid SQL word,
> and that kills
> 90% of my already existing pages.

Let's see the SQL that breaks (Access2k should know 'AS' --its pretty
standard SQL)

--You don't have a connection or recordset object in a Session variable do
ya?

sgd
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/