[thelist] Font Sizes: Online Picture Examples of Points, Pixels, Picas.. ?

Freda Lockert fredalockert at clara.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 13:53:46 CDT 2001

Deke

Thank you for your dissertation! Picas are indeed a measure of
height, but of the text block not the type face itself, which I think
is what the original question referred to. Of course, I may have
misunderstood that. I did try to answer the question relevant to what
appeared to me actually to have been asked.

The person largely responsible for the Bodoni faces is Giambattista
Bodoni, a contemporary of Francois-Ambrose Didot. F-A Didot was the
father of Firmin Didot who did cut several Romantic faces which were
thought to be Bodoni's work but are now known to have been cut later.

Regards.

Freda