[thelist] HTML Dead?

Rachell Coe rachell at coeville.com
Wed Apr 25 16:46:12 CDT 2001

Hi All!

I recently ran across this post at
http://searchengineforums.com/bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=The+Rest+Of+The+Issues&number=29&DaysPrune=20&LastLogin=:
________________________________
I need some opinions on this one. I have just read that as of APRIL 10,
2001 that HTML was declared DEAD...It is now part of XML. The W3 made it
official that XHTML 1.0 is the official new standard, Should we now modify
our webpages to the XHTML? I found a program called HTML KIT
http://www.chami.com/html-kit/ it converts your pages to XHTML...If I am
not mistaken XHTML is HTML are one of the same only the X is more proper in
coding. NO caps <P> NO Good </P> <p> Good </p> Everything need </> Plus
others..Do you think it is wise to transfer all the HTML pages to the XHTML
now?
________________________________

I already implement everything but the Cascading Style Sheets, and will
soon be doing that with new designs.  How worried should I be about past
web sites that I'm still maintaining?  As far as I know, the latest browser
versions still support font tags and such (Netscape 6 and IE 5).  How long
before those are no longer recognized (for instance does IE 6 that is in
testing support them)?

Your help will definitely be appreciated!

Thank you!

Rachell Coe
<http://www.coeville.com/>www.coeville.com
<mailto:rachell at coeville.com>Rachell at coeville.com