[thelist] OT: Job Market

J J squid_66 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 22:23:48 CDT 2001

Actually stats show roughly 800,000 tech jobs will
still go unfilled this year....

If I didn't pay attention to the media, I wouldn't
know there is trouble as far as consulting work goes.

Sure, if you are working with start-up dotcoms or a
pure dotcom hoping to strike it rich, you probably
have had some hard times by now.

This "shakeout" will last another year or so, which is
probably a good thing.  Then, with venture capital
being so scarce now, up and coming companies or great
ideas may go unfunded thus creating somewhat of a tech
lag over the next couple years.

What will be the next boom?  Maybe Biotech....

Either way, Internet technology is here to stay,
that's a given.