[thelist] HTML Dead?

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 02:13:19 CDT 2001

>That is really surprising.  I would suspect that when XHTML really becomes
>prevalent that old html pages will still work.

Of course they will. Browser vendors simply cannot ignore the millions of
old HTML pages out there, their browsers *must* render them (more or less)
properly for years and years to come.

As many of you know I don't really believe in XHTML (for my arguments see my
old article at http://www.alistapart.com/stories/xhtml/), the last site I
made was coded in good old HTML (and I have not used a DTD nor validated
it).

It's not *necessary* to use XHTML, but neither is it bad. Don't let any
"Thou Shalt Use Only XHTML On Pain Of Whatever" nonsense frighten you, most
people who mouth such firm rules have little idea what they're talking
about. Review the arguments for yourself, then make your own choice.

ppk