[thelist] Best book for reorganizing corp. intranet? Me too...

J. Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Thu Apr 26 10:26:41 CDT 2001

-----
a re-do is in order. what's the best intranet planning book, hands down? i
need to create a top-notch information architecture here!

tia,

fortune
-----

Ditto that. I have looked and looked for good resources as we are in the major throws and upheavals of Intranet redesign as well. Seems it was left to induhvidual department managers whose feelings are hurt because of the "look what I was able to do with (*insert any combination of scriptlets, applets, and other overhead resource hogging ge-gaws here*) and I expect you to maintain" syndrome...as I threaten to eliminate their precious bouncing department logos-that-have-water-reflections. Reminds me of the spinning, flaming logo ad for IBM. The end result in chaos on a galactic level.

So I too seek guidance with the corporate Intranet and performing a valuable information architecture make-over.

Sincerely,

Jay Blanchard
Web Engineer & Gee-Gaw Eliminator
Thermon Industries
1.800.820.HEAT x327

-----
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."--Rich Cook
-----