[thelist] flash sound linkage

Bart Johnston bart at archrival.com
Thu Apr 26 16:43:59 CDT 2001

This question is for any of you hardcore flash developers out there :)

I'm trying to develop a mixer that allows you to turn on and off and adjust
the volume for different sound loops.  To control the sounds with
actionscript, each sound is exported and then linked to a sound object.
Anyways, that whole part of it works great, but the problem is that it seems
to stop working after you hit 8 sounds.  From my experimentation, it looks
like I can only have 8 sound objects at any one time.  Can anyone confirm
this, is this a hard limit in flash, or have I just been working on this
thing too long?

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Bart Johnston
bart at archrival.com

Archrival Inc.
Digital Design & Communications