[thelist] Staving Off Photo Thieves

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Thu Apr 26 22:47:34 CDT 2001

> From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>

> that way some slug will have to spend a hella lotta time trying to
> clone it out...
It took me 9 minutes to erase your watermark. With another few minutes I
might have made it seamless. Not a huge barrier ;)

A small visible watermark can be legally viable, in that if one saves the
image and retouches, or crops, the copyright notice out, than that shows
willfull infringement. I'm not sure the weight of that as a legal term, but
it *sounds* like reasonable proof. And it doens't have to wreck the image.

matt