[thelist] SQL : A Select statement that works in SQL Server but NOT Oracle ... why ?

Tab Alleman talleman at autobex.com
Fri Apr 27 11:41:06 CDT 2001

Hehehehehe... I knew as soon as I saw the subject line that this was going
to involve a date field.

When you work with dates in Oracle, you have to use their built-in "ToDate"
function.  It's been a while since I used it, so I'm not going to try to
reproduce the format from memory.. it would probably do more harm than good.
Pull out your handy Oracle SQL reference, and look up "ToDate()"

hth,
Tab