[thelist] Online documentation

Charlie Llewellin charliel at infohwy.com
Mon Apr 30 08:32:18 CDT 2001

Here's my 0.02 cents...

there is no quick one-button conversion from Word to HTML...
but if you get in there and take the time to format the docs into nice HTML
pages, with navigation and all the screen-shots, everybody, especially the
end-user, will be very happy.

PDF's are all very well, but, like a customer service rep who knows what
they are talking about, your client's reputation in the eyes of their
clients will be greatly increased by having well-thought out easily
navigable online documentation. it's just a little more work.

Charlie
> > A client of mine (a software developer) wants to put one of their
product
> > end user manuals (created using Word) online. She thought about
converting
> > it to html to include on the web site. I suggested converting it to a
PDF