[thelist] (homesite edit mode- autocomplete off?)

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Mon Apr 30 16:58:08 CDT 2001

> Call me a control freak, but I prefer to put my tags in myself.

I have to agree. Auto complete breaks my flow completely when I'm typing
code. And if there are nested tags I end up having to skip around with
the cursor to get back to where I want to be entering stuff.

I've seen people work like this in interdev, its a completely different
editing/buildling paradigm, selecting from lists, pushing buttons,
expanding abbreviations etc.
I do use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, so I'm rarely just typing td /td
etc. anyway.
This has been an issue with Homesite ever since. The userbase is split
between button pushers and line by line coders.

Most of the features I use now existed in 2.5 (and some have only
recently been reinstated - like the snippet shortcuts). with the
exception of the extensibility.
(and though I love it, Dreamweaver's is much better.. ) Most of the new
features are just bloat as far as I'm concerned.

Now theyve merged, I wonder what chance there is Macromedia will release
a fast flexible text/html editor?

(I'm always interested in new editors, but before you recommend
Ultraedit, TextPad, NotetabPro etc.etc talk to me about customization
and scriptability. I gotta have it)

Sam