[thelist] Windows '98 Instability

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Mon Apr 30 17:34:16 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 03:17 PM 4/30/01 -0700, sfmalo bequeathed such tales as
these:
>Then, after installing Netscape 6.01 a couple of months ago, I've
>been having more and more problems to boot (pardon the pun).
>
>Will be following this thread with great interest.
>Sharon

Netscape 6 is a resource hog anyways, good for testing and benchmarking the
system resources but that is it.  I use CacheMan
http://www.outertech.com/downloads.php?product=3&PHPSESSID=146543b327271824f9c569e7c4dd0495
to customize the windows memory settings to suit my needs and it's been
very helpful.  But now my slave drive is failing and drawing the life out
of the master drive too.  HTH
Peter Kaulback

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison (1847-1931)