[thelist] Windows '98 Instability

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Mon Apr 30 19:54:59 CDT 2001

> > My Windows '98 machine, about 1 1/2 years old, is becoming more and
> > more unstable.

I gave up on this...
Re-formatted and installed Windows 2000 (not an upgrade...full version, I
don't believe that upgrading an OS that extensively is possible, regardless
of whatever MS says), and now enjoy gaming, working, graphics, killer-easy
networking...all with a whole slew of web server related services running
and with typically  5-6 days between re-booting.

Solid as a rock and as easy to administrate as Win 98.

I've yet to find a useful app that I actually need that won't run on Win 2K
and all my hardware works fine.

Best $300 I ever sent to MS!

my $.02
jpc