[thelist] side-by-side select boxes

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue May 1 14:10:51 CDT 2001

this is driving me nuts

i want to place two select boxes side by side within a table cell

  http://rudy.ca/pickadate.html

in internet explorer 4 (all browsers on a pc), they line up nice, but not
in netscape 6, which shows the second select box just ever so slightly
lower

placing them inside a paragraph inside the table cell fixes this problem in
netscape 6, but adds a line height in internet explorer 4

internet explorer 5.5 and netscape 4.75 behave perfectly either way

i've tried align=bottom and so forth in the td, to no avail

what's the deal with netscape 6?  where's the wee offset coming from?

james, is this a doctype quirk?  could you please tell me again which
doctype i should be using?  i've re-read your splendid article
(http://evolt.org/article/aaargh/17/4427/index.html) but i'm still not sure
which doctype, if any, might fix my problem...

thanks for any help or suggestions...

rudy.ca