list confrontations, was: [thelist] Org Chart?

J J squid_66 at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 08:57:52 CDT 2001

--- Michele Wandrei <michele at inthree.com> wrote:
> As someone who does a lot of unpaid work on charity
> sites, I feel compelled to
> jump in here.
---
Don't get me wrong if you can find something that
works for you pretty quickly, great.  But don't you
think you'd actually save time and money if you just
went out and bought Visio (in this org chart case) or
some other software you knew of rather than wasting a
week hunting for free software?

Time is money?

And I think many people or companies take the
non-profit thing a little to far.  Afterall, most
software companies are not non-profit.  Our church
spends quite a bit on software for office use and
music equipment.  That doesn't mean the manufacturers
should be non-profit as well just because their
clients are.

I owe too.......

<tip type="charity work & taxes" author="J J">
Check with your accountant but often times charitable
work or freebie sites/programming can be deducted as
advertising or a charitable donation.
</tip>