[thelist] Basic Traffic tracking question

sales at iibiz.com sales at iibiz.com
Wed May 2 12:06:09 CDT 2001

From: "John Handelaar" <genghis at members.evolt.org>

> Quit drinking at lunchtime.

Excuse me?  If you have issue or dispute with what I posted, by all means
debate it.  But don't discredit me like that.

> Run it through something like Geektools' lookup and you'll
> find out either what the number represents, or at least who
> owns the number block.
>
> http://www.geektools.com/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi

Ran her number thru and got:
The GeekTools Whois Proxy has encountered an error. The cause of the error
is:
Unable to decipher your entry, bailing out

Thinking she might have made up that number, I tried one off my logs
(63.38.132.166) and got:
The GeekTools Whois Proxy has encountered an error. The cause of the error
is:
Unable to connect to whois.arin.net
(Had automatic selected - did not select whois.arin.net)

Tried another (199.179.170.117) and got the same error.

Real helpful John.  Now that's information she can take to her boss.

Sandy