[thelist] Basic Traffic tracking question

Tobyn Baugher trb at cartoonviolence.net
Wed May 2 13:29:24 CDT 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 01:12:46PM -0500, Seth Bienek wrote:
> Granted, this information is not available for all IP addresses.  Hell, I'm
> not even sure where the info comes from (anyone care to enlighten us?)

Some company collects it. I know xtraceroute (same principle) was
capable of using datafiles that some other company created for their own
product.

I suppose you could just call up major backbone providers and be like
"So... where is this router?"

--
Tobyn "trb" Baugher <trb at cartoonviolence.net>
http://www.cartoonviolence.net