[thelist] IIS5 and adding script mapping problem

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Thu May 3 01:18:37 CDT 2001

Hah! Don't you love it when Microsoft changes EVERYTHING just because they
can? I went back and forth with the good Anthony Baratta for DAYS on this
one. He tried everything he knows (and that's considerable.) I finally
cheated:

Parse your html thru the ASP dll. Fergit the ssinc.dll

Not sure why Win2K is such a pill about this; as you say, it worked in IIS4
and seems pretty intuitive, but I went so far as to wipe and rebuild my
server looking for SOME reason for the permissions nonsense.

We're live now (www.magisnetworks.com) on our own server, and all seems
well.

Joel at spinhead.com