[thelist] 403.9 error

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Thu May 3 15:06:25 CDT 2001

>From: Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM
>
>The Java applet is not the problem.  Applets execute on the
>client.

Yeah, I didn't think so either. Just a wild guess, since I don't know much
about Java.

>My guess is that the host of this site has something
>set up to limit simultaneous connections from a single IP
>address (all your students are going through some
>sort of router/firewall).

Now *that* is something I hadn't thought of. I don't know much about IIS
configuration. I did know that you could throttle the number of hits, but I
hadn't thought about the limit on simultaneous connections per IP.
Interesting. Hm. I don't have that problem on the server that I'm running
(WebSTAR on a Mac, with a max of 40 simultaneous connections).

I'll look into it. Thanks, Ron.

David