[thelist] flash detection

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri May 4 01:41:38 CDT 2001

aardvark wrote on 4/5/01 7:25 am

>> >Why do "Flash detection"? Most consumers have it. It's usually more
>> >important to do version detection... more people have an older player
>> >than don't have any player at all.
>>
>> *coughdisableduserscough*
>>
>> Sorry, John, but that's one hell of an assumption. Not quite up there
>> with the MS "Everyone asking for a PC without windows is a pirate",
>> but getting there.
>
>and here i was content to see the answer in the qualifier "most"...

I would have been OK with "most consumers have it", but the question
"So why bother?" implied "All consumers worth talking to have it"

Martin
(ps - go to bed - it's nearly 3am...)

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)778 068 6418                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland