[thelist] closed source securtiy was: DB Security

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Fri May 4 07:46:45 CDT 2001

Martin wrote:
"Sensibly, true. But MS are a market driven company. Why is there?
Probably because customers asked for it."

Sorry Martin.  Couldn't let that pass.  Some customer may or may not have
asked for the feature ... but there's absolutely no way I could characterize
MS as "a market driven company"! Nope. [Not intended as a bash - I wish they
were and hope they become.]

I owe a tip for that but I'm still a little foggy this morning.  Maybe a new
thread I'm about to start will provide some interesting ideas to pay for
this.

RonL.