[thelist] Best Practice? (from DB --> Presentation)

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Fri May 4 10:17:06 CDT 2001

I've used generator. It's an add-on to Flash to allow the movie to receive query data and do different stuff with it. It can do
graphs and charts. It's functionality is rather limited though - needs more development. I think MM plans to release something
code-named 'Harpoon' that does what generator does and more. I missed out on the beta program so I can't say much, but I think it's
geared specifically for coldfusion. It's supposed to be, like, *really cool* - I can't wait :)

As far as excel goes, it is possible to generate excel files on the fly using com objects. I've done this through CF and it's not
that hard. At least it's not if the excel files are relatively simple - I'm not sure how macros would figure into it, but it
probably isn't good.

Have a look at http://cfcomet.com for com objects.

-Bruce