[thelist] OT: London usability conference

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Fri May 4 10:20:01 CDT 2001

I was asked to distribute this: (my apologies for cross posting if you
belong to several groups)

A one day usability conference is being organized in London on June 6,
within the framework of the 3 day Internetworld tradeshow.
Topics and speakers include:

Don Norman,
Phil Barrett,
a panel on Usability for the International Site (disclaimer: I am on this
panel),
Flash usability and
voice browsing.

Details on the programme can be found at:
<http://www.internetworld.co.uk/london/visitors/AllConferernces.cfm?streamid=3>

Peter

<tip>
When trying to convince people of the importance of usability, or knowledge
management, or anything that is drastically different or new for them, try
telling a story instead of throwing lots of analysis and rules and diagrams
at them. This site should help:
http://www.stevedenning.com/springboard_story.html
</tip>