[thelist] domain self-hosting

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri May 4 11:09:06 CDT 2001

At 10:59 AM 5/4/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Just to shed some light, AT&T isn't very helpful because they don't *want*
>someone running a web server on their cable modem.

AT&T at home is for consumers, not commercial use. Someone on another list who
works from home called about an outage was told the service is not for
business. Period. Good-bye.

Also, I just got my cable service this month and wasn't there something in
there that forbids this sort of thing? I'm not the greatest at reading fine
print, but I'm thinking it's not allowed.

<tamara />