[thelist] domain self-hosting

Daniel McMurray mcmurd at ccaa.edu
Fri May 4 11:43:12 CDT 2001

If you just want something for testing puposes, you can try a free dynamic
DNS service.  They basically keep track of your IP and update it in their
database every time it changes.  You have to install a small program on
your system, but it does work.   You can then access your web server at
whatever.dns2go.com.  It results in a small lag time during the redirect,
but you'll probably never notice it on a cable modem.

disclaimer:
I'm not trying to plug this particular business - i have no affiliation
with them, they're just the only one that come to mind when I think of
this particular service.  I know they're not the only one out there.

Hope this helps!