[thelist] domain self-hosting

sarah disaster7 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 13:49:00 CDT 2001

Thank you for all the suggestions, but perhaps I
didn't explain in enough detail.

Basically I want to learn how you set up DNS and mess
around with that sort of technical stuff. I have the
server running fine and I do the whole localhost deal
fine and dandy. I'd just like to know how to do it.

Mainly what I want to do is write a web mail
application that uses the mail accounts on the linux
box, so I need friends of mine to be able to access it
and test it out for me. I'd also like to create a
permanent email address for myself through there that
is sarah at something.com.

I'm using dyndns.org now, which does the same thing as
what many of you suggested. But I'm looking to get
down and dirty and do this myself, so real articles
about setting up BIND would be great.

Thanks again for all the help,
Sarah