[thelist] Why is NS6 DHTML so SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW?!

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 10:08:17 CDT 2001

>Every page I have come across that is using JavaScript either doesn't work

That's because the script isn't compatible, not Netscape 6's fault. The
correct NN6 code was already known a year and a half ago, but some people
don't pay attention.

>or it takes forever in NS6.

I've never seen this myself, NN6 is not slower with DHTML than IE5. In
starting up, yes, in loading and rendering a page, yes, but not in executing
JavaScripts. I wrote one script that works significantly faster in Netscape
6 than in Explorer 5.

ppk