[thelist] Online Schedule of Appointments?

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Sat May 5 16:30:42 CDT 2001

At 05:20 PM 05/05/01, you wrote:

>Say there's a carpet cleaning business, with four locations spread out
>over the
>city. They want their employees to be able to log in from a laptop or from
>home
>and see the times and specifics of that day's (or any other day's)
>appointments,

Why not suggest that they use one of the existing groupware sites?/
http://www.hyperoffice.com/
http://www1.visto.com/
http://calendar.yahoo.com/

(and doubtless countless others)

I don't currently use any of these, but the Hyperoffice and Visto sites let
you set up password-protected areas where you can share calendars and
such... the eGroups site used to; I don't know if Yahoo has retained that
functionality.

If you don't need anything that complex, a simple text file for each member
could be uploaded to a directory folder by the central office, and checked
each morning by the employee... or emailed to them...

-J.