[thelist] Why is NS6 DHTML so SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW?!

Andy andrew.mcnabb at mindspring.com
Sat May 5 17:18:02 CDT 2001

I haven't had any problem with NN6 using Javascript as long as the code is
up to date.  The JS in the link you reference below is from 1999 and isn't
really NN6 compatible.  If you're using Dreamweaver, get the excellent Snap
Layer extension from the project seven site
(http://www.projectseven.com/dreamweaver/ex10help/snap/index.htm)

HTH,

Andy

> From: "Alister Cameron" <alister at cameroncreative.com>

> Hi learned colleagues!
<snip>
> But my biggest grief is how unbearably slow NS6's rendering is.
>
> Take Thomas Brattli's Coolmenus (good selection here -
> http://www.bratta.com/dhtml/howtos/coolmenus_modifications.asp). They work
> faithfully in NS6 but slow as a wet week compared to IE5. My O/S is NT4, by
> the way.
>
> I have looked at other DHTML code for NS6 and invariably I get a similar
> problem.

<snip>