MacOS Purge (was Re: [thelist] Mac could not put away CD)

cspruck at mindspring.com cspruck at mindspring.com
Sun May 6 19:14:59 CDT 2001

thelist at lists.evolt.org wrote:

>There's a freeware utility that frees up that memory without
>restarting ... I forget what it's called ... but you could verify if
>that's what it is or not if it happens again.

The app is called MacOS Purge and it was really hard to find - none of the major software archives seemed to have it. I found links here:

http://www.dmitchell.vcn.com/dmitchell/util.html
http://www3.telus.net/squishy/macprograms.html

If for some reason you can't get it from either of those, I have it at home somewhere and can mail it to whomever.

Chris