[thelist] Fwd: Re: [thechat] Spectra

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Mon May 7 13:18:50 CDT 2001

hiya!

>why would anyone want spectra over vignette

well actually, we're kinda looking at spectra here. until recently, vignette
didn't do .asp, which we need, and furthermore it was based in tcl -- who
the heck knows that<grin>? so vignette had you paying big cash for
customizations. we weren't into that. further, we are pretty much a
macromedia shop -- with UD, Flash, DW, on the web side and kawa on the heavy
geek side. so that means spectra could be good for us -- if we could get a
kawa-enabled spectra, that is! <Grin>
we're still examining our options tho -- we won't purchase for another whole
year, i think...

hth,

Systems Inc.