[thelist] flash detection

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon May 7 21:48:43 CDT 2001

> From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
[...]
[snipped great analogy between images and Flash]
[...]
> i want all of you anti-flash folks to turn your images off for
> twenty-four hours... go ahead, i dare you... see if you can do it...

i'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that's how i surf every day...

my machine at home is 4.5 years old... it's got a 33.6 modem... i
surf for info, not eyecandy (which i'll surf for at work, if i need to)...
as such, i surf in NN 3.04 with images, JS and Java disabled...

if there were a way to disable Flash at home, i'd do that, too... hey,
jdowdell, is there a way to disable it?  other than not installing it?

anyway, yeah, i'm one of those extreme cases... anyone
remember my tip about how to disable images across all the major
browsers?  yeah, that's because i do it all the time... anyway, that
tip is at http://lists.evolt.org/index.cfm/a/harvest/b/show/c/Week-of-
Mon-20010219.html...

anyway, i've gotta go enable closed-captioning on my TV now...