[thelist] flash detection

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin at 123piano.com
Tue May 8 03:18:45 CDT 2001

> There are better ways to select a panel. You might take a look at
> how InterSurvey (part of KnowledgeNetworks) chose the people they
> wanted for their panels. KnowledgeNetworks was started by the
> same guy who runs SPSS, the stats software that's been dominant
> in sociological studies for more than a quarter century.

There is an even better way : have a page with 2 plain html links on your
site that says :

-html version
-flash version
-i don't know

And see who choose what. ;-)

The only stats worth looking at are the stats from your site. Moreover,
that's not because someone has flash that he wants to use it. Give people
the choice.

Let's imagine there was a flash version of google. Do you think the number
of people using the flash version would be the same number as the people
having the flash pluggin according to the stats? I doubt.

Personnally I don't trust stats, I trust users.

My $0.02...

Philippe Jadin
www.123piano.com