[thelist] .htaccess files on evolt member areas (fwd)

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue May 8 13:58:16 CDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:50:02 -0700
From: Moniruvwe Orife <moni at teamsphere.com>
To: thelist at evolt.org
Subject: .htaccess files on evolt member areas

I would like to use .htaccess files on my evolt member area.
I assume filenames such as .foo are native to the unix environment, but
evolt members don't have command line access to our accounts.  So i create
such files on windows 2000... which is fine using a text editor such as
textpad.  But i run into problems when i upload my files to the server
(wsftp)... they seem to transfer fine, but i can't see them in my account
after they've transferred.  I *know* (i think) the file's there, because
when i write a shiet .htaccess file, i get a 500 internal server error...
any thoughts?
One more thing... what's the correct syntax for setting up a 404 Doc not
found error & what's the deal w/ IE ignoring files that are bigger than a
certain size?

thanks.

	- moni