[thelist] ColdFusion/SQL - treat as Number

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 19:10:12 CDT 2001

Hi,

I need an equivalent to the php stripslashes and addslashes for
ColdFusion. I am using ColdFusion and Access and if a field has a "'"
(apostrophe) in it, CF throws an error on the SQL.

For example:

INSERT INTO table_name (field,field1,field2) VALUES (1,'Jon','Don't
Know');

I tried replacing the outer quotes with double quotes, but it still
gave an error. Is there another way around this?

If you need me to explain a little more, please ask.

Jon.