[thelist] Weather Channel

Jasen thelist at cbizz.net
Thu May 10 12:15:52 CDT 2001

Hi CL,
Somebody mentioned earlier that more details are needed - quite true.
But if you're using Cold Fusion, there are custom tags available, that can
grab the weather information from the site, or also, you can write your own.
However from an *intellectual* *property* / *copyright* point of view, you
should verify that you can use the tag with whoever is serving you the
weather information.  I guess something similar could be done for all the
rest.

Jasen James
http://cbizz.net
--->
My employer wants to allow our users the option to create their own personal
page from our site - similar to yahoo and many others that are out there.
One of the options we want to include is having the weather channel on their
personal page. The research I've done for doing this points back to
weather.com. I understand the options at weather.com - the end result is
what we're looking for. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but is
there anybody out there that knows how to implement this so that our users
can enter a zip code or select a city when they sign up for weather without
having to go to the weather.com site. Or, maybe there's a paid service
available for us to use???

Thanks for any help!
CL

--->