[thelist] Flash stats.

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu May 10 17:57:20 CDT 2001

At 05:46 PM 5/10/2001, you wrote:
>That's what we all need...numbers!

Alas, I have none.  Merely rampant speculation and educated
guesswork.  But, then again, I usually start with the assumption that
statistics are wrong (because usually they are) and work from there.

>My assumption for higher Netscape use among Mac users is simple inertia.
>All Windows machines come pre-installed with IE.  This wasn't true for all
>but the latest versions of the MacOS.  IE on the Mac wasn't an acceptable
>alternative until 5.0, and that was a very recent development.

Actually, this isn't the case.  If I remember correctly, IE began shipping
on MacOS computers with the Microsoft investment about two years ago I
guess).  My iBook SE (a year and a half old or so) came with IE 4.5
preinstalled.  So, maybe not every Mac user uses 5.0, but I bet that the
majority is on some version of IE.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer